Most people assume horror films have no redeeming value, which couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, horror can actually teach you some great life lessons, such as you probably shouldn’t touch that strange blob or unknown substance you and your friends just came across. Or if you’re out on a date with a guy that works at a motel and he says he really loves his mother then you may want to rethink a second date. So, here are some of the life lessons I’ve learned from horror!
Never pick-up a hitchhiker.
Always have your cell phone charged, bring a power cord and check your signal quality.
Whether it be an ocean, river, lake or stream any kind of water can always pose a threat.
If your home alone, never investigate the strange noise you hear.
If your home alone, never answer the phone when it rings. If it’s important they will leave a voicemail.
6. Anyone can be a killer.
7. Any party involving sex, drugs and drinking will probably end up badly.
8. Always aim for the head.
9. If your friend starts acting weird after being bit by anything, lock them in a room and go for help.
10. Never plan a getaway to a cabin in the woods.
11. If you or someone you know has a premonition about impending doom, you may want to believe them.
12. If a stranger tells you they can make all your wishes come true, don’t believe them! There’s always a catch!
13. You’re always taking a chance when showering in a motel room.
14. Be weary of children’s dolls. They can always be turned into a psycho killer.
15. If someone breaks into your house don’t go upstairs go out the front door.
16. Never open a book you find in an abandon building/cabin that has been barb wired covered or has been locked in any other means. Just leave it be.
17. On a road trip never take the scenic route, a shortcut, the long way or directions from a friend’s uncle’s cousin’s roommate’s boyfriend.
18. Never play with a Ouija board.
19. When traveling in a foreign country, stay on the moors and don’t assume everyone is being nice to you just because they want to be.
20. In the event you start to see dead people. Please tell a family member or friend.
21. That gorgeous guy or girl checking you out at the bar is probably just figuring out the best way to kill you.
22. Always follow all protocols for containment when someone has been exposed to an infectious substance or an alien.
23. Anyone can take charge in a situation and be the hero or the final girl.
24. Be careful who you talk to or what you post on the internet.
25. Don’t ever assume the killer or a zombie is dead…..always double tap.
What life lessons have you learned from horror? Let me know at @horrorevilqueen